Monday, May 30, 2011

Hyundai Sonata


 Just last week I got my new car, the Hyundai Sonata which is Hyundai's sedan model. Before getting it I was hoping to get the Peugeot 3008 but in the end, I had to agree with the need for more space in our next car. This is my review on the car. First,

The Good:

  "This is a sexy car". These will be the first words you say when you see this car. It's body is simply elegant and aerodynamic. Usually, when thinking about getting a sedan, you think of a long car which is ugly and dull. It is not the same for the Sonata. It is shorter then other sedans which makes it easier to park and if you look at it from the front, it sticks out from the rest. 

  This car also has a lot of space. It is shorter then the new Accord but yet I feel there is more leg room in the Sonata. You will be surprised at how much space you get in it. The car trunk is massive! If you were in the mob and could not afford a BMW, you would get a Sonata. You could easily fit a body in there and drive of. (Dear me I tried it with my sister) It is deep and long. The back chairs can also fold down if you need to fit more things into that trunk. 

  The interior of the car is also very nice. The seats feel like they were maid just for you and the radio is simple to use. You can connect you ipod or any MP3 player to it but I am not going to write about that since a Myvi can do that to. I am going to write about the sun and moon roof. First let me make sure you are not confused. The sun roof is above the drivers seat and the moon roof is above the back passengers seat. Now why they have two names is because the sun roof can open up to see guess what, the sun while the moon roof cannot be opened but is used to see the moon. So make sure when you are out in the morning to look out the Sun roof and not the moon roof. These roofs let in tons of light which makes the car feel more roomy. It also gives you a different perspective to look at something. Say bird dung. You have seen it from the side and top but have you actually seen it from the bottom. I have yet to investigate this matter. 

  This car is full with power. I got the 2.0 but it is still faster then my old Accords 2.4. Most cars these days are but still, that is very good news. You would think with power comes a very noisy car. Well no. Before I could hear my parents coming home so I could go and turn off the tv and pretend to study but now they come in and there I am watching the CSI kill Justin Bieber. 

The Bad:

  It reminds you that it is still a Hyundai. Lets start with the horn. It is the gayest horn I have ever heard. It's like they took the horns out of the lame Matrix and decided to put it into their Marilyn Monroe Sonata. Totally destroys it. Next is the plastic on the back of the front seats. Now a Honda or Toyota would have leather at the back of the seats but this is just plastic. It is just sad. Also the seat belt seems like it was from a proton. 

  Don't expect to many compartments in the car. They are a few in the front but none in the back. You only get a cup holder on the hand rests. Nowhere to keep your DSLR, PSP or food. Just have to put it on the seat which is difficult when you have 5 people in it. 

Conclusion


  All in all, the Sonata is a very good car. It's sexy, spacious and young. I would give it a 8/10.

1 comment: