Sunday, April 3, 2011

Super Mario Bros.



  Sorry I have not posted anything for like weeks. I have been so busy with my debate team. I had a debate competition last friday. The topic was "women are the weaker gender" and as the government I was to support this topic. How sexist. It is against what I believe in. Anyways I lost but it was okay. 

  Anyways, back to the topic, I finally finished the basic levels of Super Mario Bros. I say basic because there are another two worlds (levels) which are still locked, but those are only extra worlds. I have made it to the last boss level, so to me I have finished the basic game. For those people who don't know what Super Morio Bros is, I hope this next paragraph will help you.

  The main character in which you play is Mario. His beloved princes got kidnapped by the evil Bowser jr. To save the princess he has to chase Bowser jr. and so you take on these worlds on which have an average of 6 levels in each. In each world on average, there will be one mini boss level and one main boss level. There is world 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8. Remember the two other levels which have yet to be unlocked, well those are world 4 and 7. 

  For most people who have played this game before, may it be the old one or the new 2006 one (which is the one I played) world 1 is the most recognisable world. It is the most cheery of all worlds. The first mission is obvious the easiest and to me, one of the most fun. World one's boss level is also easy. World 2 takes you to this desert themed area. Here the levels are still easy but you can feel that things are just about to get harder.

  World 3 and 5 are okay. They are just okay worlds and nothing to shout about. Once you reach world 6, things really get hard and you might be stuck on a level for a very long time but this is nothing compared to the last few levels of world 8. I must admit, I cheated a bit in the biggest boss level of world 8. I tried so much to beat both bowser jr and his father but I could not do it. So in the end, I used one of my power ups if you may that makes me huge and all I had to do was to jump on both of them. Yes you can say I am a cheater and stuff but I was stuck on that level for weeks and I could not take it anymore.

  I see that I have forgotten to explain to you what are power ups. Well, as you go to each level you will pick up power ups. The most basic power up makes you a bit bigger but not huge like I explained just now. It just makes you a bit bigger. After that you pick up another power up that gives you the capability to shoot fire balls at your enemy. This is very good but some enemies are able to withstand the fire balls, thus making them useless. 

  There are more rare power ups that make you extra tiny so you can go into some tight corners to get extra stars and stuff. Then there is the one that makes you huge, like 20 times your normal size. With this all you do is jump on you enemies and make your way to the end of the level. But do remember that it only last for a few seconds and if there is something solid in your way, you wont be able to move forward and you would waste that rare power up. There are other power ups but I don't have the time to explain them all. 

  Anyways, Super Mario Bros. is an awesome game and if you have a Nintendo Ds, you must get it. It may get annoying at times because you can't get through some levels, but when you do get through a level, there is this sense of pride that you really enjoy for 10 seconds. Overall, graphics is a 10/10, game experience 9/10, time that it takes to finnish it (higher the rating, the faster it is to finnish) 5/10. Multiplayer 11/10 (it is awesome) 

On average, I would give it a 8/10. Thats all for now. Please feel free to leave any comments.


2 comments: